This is such a brilliant thing to try!!
Grow your own lemon tree…
…in an egg!!
- Very VERY carefully take the outer ‘shell’ off at least 6 lemon pips
- Wrap them gently in kitchen roll or toilet paper
- Put in a jar
- Pour on a few tablespoons of water to wet the paper
- Put the jar in a plastic bag and keep in a shady, cool place for 10 days
- Your pips should start to sprout…..🤗
INSTRUCTIONS: Egg nursery
- Gently tap the top of an egg and remove pieces of shell
- Tip the insides out (and bake a cake?)
- Put the egg shell back in the box and repeat for the other 5 eggs
- Use a skewer to gently poke a drainage hole in the bottom of each egg
- Fill with compost and plant your sprouting pips!!