McDonalds is shut????? What about my fries??
Grow spuds in a BAG!
- Cut a few holes in the bottom of a supermarket carrier bag
- Fill the bag with soil/compost
- Carefully bury a ‘chitted’ potato
- Water once a week to keep soil damp
- After about 10 weeks you can lift out the bag and have a cheeky peek to see if you have any babies.
There’s a great video of a guy and his dog Molly showing how you can pick your crop gradually over a month or so. Watch here!
NB This won’t make you self-sufficient in chips – it’s more for the fun of it!