Whizz squishy tomatoes into a soup in under 5 minutes!
- 1 large ripe tomato (or several smaller ones)
- 1/4 onion
- 1 small clove garlic (peeled)
- glug rapeseed oil
- 1 tsp pecan pesto or crispy sage leaves
- Roughly chop the tomatoes (no need to peel, remove tough belly button bit)
- Put in mini chopper or blender with onion, garlic & oil
- Whizz until smoothish – some lumps add interest!
- Simmer for about 5 mins
- Salt to taste & put a blob of pecan pesto in the middle
Top with crispy fried sage leaves or a teaspoon of pecan pesto
- Category: soup
- Method: easy peasy